About Me

My photo
art teacher, artist, and free lance writer

Followers

Widget

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Frog Principal By Stephanie Calmenson


I read the children this wonderful funny story about a principal that turns into a frog. The art and writing activity followed by creating our own frog principals complete with crazy neckties.
1. I cut frogs using my cricut machine.
2. I made a blank tie template for the children to create their own design for their necktie.
3. The students glued their frog with the necktie on a blank piece of colored paper.
4. The students used markers to create a background of a school.
5. Our writing activity used the following prompt: A frog principal can:
6. Some ideas were: zap flies, retrieve balls that fall into ponds, swim in the classroom sink....
7. I used the artwork as a book cover and put the book together using each thought as a page.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design